Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Celebrations

Earlier in the week I met with my spiritual director (a Benedictine nun, who I think, must play on the basketball team at the monastery because she is TALL!) for a conversation about the current state of my soul.

After I shared my post-garage sale personal epiphany moment...
(there is a long story about this epiphany, but I will give you the Cliff Note version. During the post garage sale hoopla of May I realized an insight about my life purpose. I know it doesn't make any sense. You had to be there. Just go with the fact that I learned something new about myself in the process of selling stuff) anyway... my spiritual director asked how I was celebrating this new found self-awareness. Aha! I didn't know. I still don't know.

How does a person celebrate, honor, and/or give thanks for learning a new insight about themselves without bragging, appearing self-involved, and overly- well- weird?!?! How do you do that well?

A dinner party seems grandiose. A blog announcement is a bit over the top.

Maybe I'll take my director's suggestion and allow this insight to sink deeper and deeper into my soul so that it will take root and blossom.

Either that or I can order one of those really BIG YARD CARD signs...

then again...maybe not.

No comments: