Friday, March 7, 2008

The Surprise of the Week

My learning on life this week is :"There isn't much you can accomplish with a sick preschooler attached to your hip." Between temperature readings, naps, medication doses, and changing the TV channel- there is little time for in depth sermon research, long pastoral visits, or conference calls at meetings.

Truly, I am looking forward to the return of healthiness and vitality.

Yet, the good part about this week has been the different openings for prayer that have occurred in my day and night schedule. Sure, my prayers have included petitions for health, hope and courage, but these different prayer moments have also been a unique time to be quiet. To listen. To be present to the moment... rather than hurry up to the next thing and rush to the next place...was a surprise gift this week.

It still means I need to conquer my mountainous TO DO List but, I hope my attitude of attack on it will be more prayerful than before this week's events.

1 comment:

Mark W said...

"There isn't much you can accomplish with a sick pre-schooler on your hip." I think whichever presidential hopeful comes out with that slogan first, will be triumphant. During the 2000 Bush/Gore campaign I was finishing our basement. I was listening to them debate one night talking the usual gobbledy-gook, and I thought, "Whichever one of you knuckleheads has ever carried an 8' X 4' sheet of dry wall down a flight of stairs by himself, I will vote for."