Friday, March 14, 2008

Easter Brackets

The ACC is in the midst of their tournament as are other NCAA Men's Basketball conferences. Tonight I know my husband will be watching one TV in the bedroom with the Big Ten on (Purdue plays). I will have the ACC (Duke plays) on in the living room. Maybe we will pass each other on the way to kitchen for more snacks. I am not sure who the dog will choose to be with... probably me... the pup can beg more popcorn from me than my hubby.

Having Easter on the calendar soooooooo early this year is impacting my NCAA Men's Basketball March Madness and Easter experiences. Usually I can separate the two, but not this year. Mixing up Easter and Holy Week preparations with bracketology has got me all wound up! I mean wow- on Palm Sunday the brackets will be announced. How often does that happen?

I will be hard pressed to focus on writing my Easter Sunrise sermon and not fill out my NCAA bracket! Maybe I can do both...

4 comments:

Mark W said...

I always think the first weekend of the tournament is the best. All of those small college underdogs fighting those Goliaths. I even enjoy seeing a Patriot League-like team give Duke a good struggle for one half. But in the end, I always like to see Duke win. Which is why I am glad to hear that "Duke" scores some popcorn.

Mark W said...

I think Duke received a good draw in the tournament. Look for them in the Final Four. Don't forget the popcorn for "Duke".

K.S. said...

GO IU, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT...
Alright so I'm just a tinge IU Crazy. But I come by it honestly. I am however, looking forward to a bit of Brownsburg Mania myself. Yes I graduated--contrary to popular belief ! )
Anyway, I know Basketball will be fun but I'm seriously looking forward to Easter! Chance to hang out with all my wonderful choir people!
Later!

Mark W said...

See, I told you Duke would have an easy route to the final four. They manhandled Belmont.