Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The 2014 Confirmation Class of 12!


Once upon a time, there were twelve.

Intelligent, funny, punny, beautiful, musical, handsome, smart, sassy, athletic, compassionate, patient, thoughtful, shy, out-going, go-getters, and faith filled are the words to describe our students this year.  As I am always blessed by the experience, this year is no exception.  This students are just gosh-darn neat people!

All of their classes, faith statements, interviews and mentoring meetings have wrapped up.  We are now preparing for three creek baptisms and twelve confirmations. (See the lovely, muddy creek to your left? That's some holy water!)

Their answers to "How has your faith changed since we started Confirmation class?" sounded like this:

  • my faith is bigger!
  • my beliefs in God are more solid
  • my faith has tripled in size!
  • my beliefs have clarity and boundaries.
  • I actually know what I believe!
And you know what I believe as a result of these twelve young people?  I believe in the making of disciples in Jesus Christ because it does transform the world.

And the world transformation has started in little ol' Brownsburg, Indiana.


No comments: