Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What I Did Miss During Lent Fast


While I experienced spiritual renewal during my fast from on-line games and Facebook, I must confess that I did miss connecting with my family, friends, and faith community through Facebook.

Hearing their stories, celebrating their high moments, and praying with them during difficulties...that absence in my life was noticed and mourned in ways I did not anticipate.  Again, that reminds me that these tools of technology and communication have their place in our world; it just behooves me to find meaningful and helpful ways to use them.

When I resume Facebook on Easter morning, I think I shall endeavor to limit my access to scrolling through the News Feed to one time a day.  And when I do so I hope to move through the news feed prayerfully; as a spiritual exercise of 'checking in' on others.

As for some of the other distractions of games... I will leave them buried deep on my iPhone where I do not see them and have no interest in playing them.

No comments: