Thursday, August 1, 2013

Best and Worst of 2013 Summer Break

My failure to blog more frequently was do to the fact that I was too busy 'sucking the marrow out of life'.  In other words... life got full and blogging remained at bottom priority.  To share some tidbits of life around my house and ministry here are some of the extreme highlights of our eight week summer.

Best...

  • the moment when my kiddo finally, finally took off on her bicycle with confidence and joy! Screaming, "Look at me!  Look at me!  I am doing it!"
Worst...
  • visiting my mother-in-law's grave the first time since her June 10 funeral and burial... and how fresh the tears and sorrow became in my husband and daughter's eyes.
Best...
  • swaying in our green striped hammock with my kidlet cuddled up to me while she reads, The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, which was my favorite chapter book as a young girl.
Worst...
  • bathing my dog after his third seizure in less than 45 days.
Best...
  • praying through scripture to select a Bible verse for each of the cast, crew, board, and pit orchestra for TFC's production of  You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.
Worst...
  • finally getting a week away with my family without church, work, or grad school... and my husband spend the week sick and it rains.
Oh, well the extremes of anything make it more enjoyable... and if not that, at least, memorable!

No comments: