Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Back in School

All the humans in my house are now back in their respective classrooms.  Just the dog and I do not have homework.

 Not sure if third grade or graduate school will have more homework (I am betting on grad school).  But the pressure is on for competitive excellence in their grades.

A few weeks before our daughter returned to her elementary school we drove up to the West 71st Street office building that houses my husband's graduate classes (Indiana Wesleyan).  We took a picnic supper and met my husband there after work and before his class.

Needless to say the boring-undecorated office building failed to excite my daughter's imagination.  She commented (loudly) about the lack of playground equipment, gym, bulletin boards, color photos, library niches, and fish tanks in her daddy's school.  Her only compliment was that the cafeteria was nice and quiet.

As we drove off, she said while shaking her head and snapping her seat belt, "Momma, poor Daddy, how does he learn with so little color?"

Indeed, color and fun make all the difference in school!  :)

No comments: