Monday, April 15, 2013

Where Hast Thou Been?

Gosh- where did last week go?

Into the history pages as we did eight of our interviews for confirmation students, spent time working with new initatives with Adult Education team, met with staff about this and that, visited at the hospitals... and oh, got my kidlet out of her walking boot!

Whew! 

The week was full before we met with Friday afternoon's crisis.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers as we await more information on my mother in law.  Scans from the weekend show (she was hospitalized for paralysis in her face and arms) that her brain tumors have almost tripled in size these last six weeks.  (That sounds horrible-doesn't it?!)

She has another treatment option left.  And she and my father in law are praying their way through the decisions before them.  Actually after I chatted with her this morning, I think they want to hand this decision over to our Loving God.  I get that.

So, I think the best way to describe how my conversations with God lately ...is that I have been talking, asking questions, weighing options for my loved ones, and ultimately trying to LISTEN.

Now, I know what the Psalmist means by "wait" on the Lord.

No comments: