Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Walking in Peace

Last year I walked the 500 Festival Mini-marathon in honor of my mother in law who deals with brain cancer even to this day.  Because of last week's in Boston at their annual marathon, I have decided to dedicate my 5K walk on May 4 here in Indianapolis towards peace and hope.  

Every step will be my prayer for our the healing of those injured or who lost loved ones.  Every inch will be dedicated to those who offered support, care, compassion, and love to the hurting.  Every mile will be a prayer for wisdom, discernment, truthfulness, and justice for the diligent work of law enforcement and the judicial system of our government.

And I shall pray for peace-filled Christians, Jews and Muslims who do not support this sort of violence in the name of God.  May our voices become stronger and louder against those who choose to 'hijack their faith'.

May our prayers for peace and hope be heard as we walk in our world!  

No comments: