Monday, April 1, 2013

Holy Week- Good Friday

What wonderful weather and sunshine on Friday!  It was glorious!  I felt as if the oppressive winter may actually, finally, be over. 

My two best Good Friday moments were these (besides a wonderful worship service in the evening)...

  1. I had the privilege to share Holy Communion at a facility with a couple.  The husband is currently doing rehab for his leg.  As we laughed and shared and joked.... I prepared to serve us Holy Communion from my little traveling set... balancing the Body and Bread of the Lord on my knees... I asked the gentleman for his prayer requests.  He took a long pause.  Before I tried to re-iterate my question, he quietly replied, "Well, let us pray for parents so that they would make disciples out of their children."  You could have knocked me over with a feather!  I was humbled all over by this quiet man's insightful, other-oriented request.  And so, by golly, we did pray for parents and grand-parents alike in their raising of their children to make them disciples of Jesus Christ!  WOW!
  2. After our marvelous Good Friday dinner (we tried a new recipe with delicious salmon)... I asked my daughter to read from her rhyming story book about "Why there is a Cross?"  There in between colorful pictures and rhymes is the gospel story.  Listening to my daughter tell it... and in thier format ... I heard afresh why Jesus died, what it means, and how amazing the Love of God is.
It was a Good Friday.... and even better to know Sunday was a'comin'!

No comments: