Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Break- what?!

While my Facebook newsfeed was filled with beach or vacation pictures from staff, friends, family and congregants... my spring break has been busy back home in Indiana.  And I was not even busy in the ways I planned to be!  My TO DO List remains barely touched... because two funerals interrupted my best laid plans. 

Oh, well... my kidlet enjoyed art camp (we have sooo much amazing, creative art that we need an art show at our house).  The ant infestation was destroyed.  The Mustang was driven several times!  (WOO HOO)  In the mail this week Todd and I were finally paid by our publisher for our book sales.  I am pleased to note we received more money than just the cost of a cheap bottle of wine!  (which was our bet long ago when that project started)  And I successfully tried six new recipes this week! Yum. Not bad for a stay-cation Spring Break! 

As I sit in my husband's office, with Gregorian chant playing in the background, I must finish my weekend sermon (yet here I am on my blog!). It has followed me around all week.  Too bad the sermon didn't write itself while I was busy with other things...  oh well.  I gave the words, the text, and ideas plenty of opportunity to run around freely adn then land on the page in a coherent and meaningful format. 

But alas, that did not come to pass!  Better go and capture those thoughts before 5pm today. 

Bye bye, spring break, maybe next year you'll be different!

No comments: