Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Holy Week- Unsacred Monday

What makes the Monday of Holy Week holy or sacred?  Or is it just another day on planet Earth?

Was it the...

  • foul weather requiring the snow blower
  • science camp for my kiddo 
  • my long list of busyness/errands
  • piles of sorted out-grown clothes from my kiddo
  • laundry duty
  • mailing our Easter cards to friends and family
  • cleaning the house
  • mopping floors from soggy puppy paws 
  • Easter egg decorating
I am acutely aware that my Holy Week rhythm has been thrown off by the mundane, yet again.  As you can see by my long list of busyness and worldliness, there is not a moment of silence, time of reflection, reading of scripture or even a mediation listed above.  I long ago read through my Lent Devotional (multiple times).

I have been thrown off course this Holy Week and it is only Monday.

And maybe that is the lesson... how easily we stray from our focus of faith, our relationship with our Savior, that we wander off into the mopping, dusting, and snow removal.

Sigh.  My holy week bracket is broken.

No comments: