Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Holy Week- Palm Sunday

My bias is showing, again.  It occurred to me this morning that I have never blogged daily throughout Holy Week, yet every Christmas Eve I blog between our four worship services.  Time to change that unholy habit.

Parades of palms, loud hosannas (and we snuck in an Alleluia), and lots of wonderful music from all our vocal choirs (plus a small portion of our hand bell group); all made for a wonderful Palm-Passion Sunday!  Lots of excitement and anticipation in the air.  Can you feel the sizzle?!  No wonder things were stirred in the Holy City the year of Jesus' death.

We too want oppression to end, change in how we are governed, hope seems tangible and yet very fragile at the same time.  Yes, I can relate to the crowds on Palm Sunday...

Jesus, on his Palm Sunday, never had to contend with 5-6 inches of snow.  Sure would have made those cloaks and palm branches soggy...

No comments: