Thursday, March 28, 2013

Holy Week- Talkative Tuesday

My Holy Week Tuesday was full of worship planning meetings, bulletin editing, luncheons, and hospital visits.  I am not sure Jesus did luncheons and hospital visits during his final days in Jerusalem the same way I do... but, then he often healed the sick on the way to some other lecture or gathering. 

Why not do visitation ministry on his way to his betrayal, arrest, beatings and death?

Why not, indeed!

Tuesday was my day of conversations...we sat at table in the church office poured over bulletins and the thousands of details involved in 4 different worship services in 4 days!  Whew!

I listented to three lovely ladies share their ministry stories over salads filled my ears at lunch!  These ladies and I all did our spiritual direction training with the Benedictines back on 2000-2001 in Beech Grove, Indiana.  I marvel at their faithfulness and their keen gifts of deep listening!

And then I listened to the suffering and pain as folks share their health concerns was my afternoon.

I have no doubt that Our Lord did a lot of talking and listening his last week too...

No comments: