Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Giving Back

Sharing with your best friend must be one of the sweetest things this side of heaven.  It some ways it doesn't matter what you share... laughter, chocolate, movie, funny story, a sad time, a regret... Joys and sorrows are made all the more wonderful when you are a companion to someone else and experience their companionship in return.

Imagine how filled my heart was in worship this weekend to give a testimony with my best friend about how he grew in giving and then how we are growing together in our giving to God's work in the world!!  Makes me want to brag on my God and my husband too!  Go God!  

Several weeks ago I began a Giving Journal.  Mostly it is filled with answers to some challenging giving questions from a book I am reading.  You'll find stories of givers in my family in there.  Lists of things that I am passionate about.  And some little seeds of ideas or ways in which I feel compelled to share with God's world the blessings that I have received.

It is ironic or God's timing or the work of the Spirit... that my Giving Journal has begun at this same season of my life in which I find myself care giving for multiple parents with ill health or disabled conditions.  Hmm... don't think I have not noticed the irony or coincidence.  Curious.  Very curious, indeed.  

What does it mean?  Not sure.  Will I find out?  Probably.  Right now I am sitting with these two awareness's: 1) that I in a completely new and different care giving role and 2) and I am in the reflection mode of discerning how is it that seek to be a giver.

Now we'll just wait and see what comes next... in my learning and living.

No comments: