Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thanksgiving- A Month Long

I am ever so grateful that the calendar and the church year rotate in such a way that Advent is consumed within the month of December.  It leaves all of November to embrace harvest and thanksgiving!

And I need a month, at least, to meditate on my gratitude.  Here is a start at how I begin the month with gratefulness of heart, soul, and mind.  I am grateful for...

  • the mind and heart which I was given.
  • to share life's joys and sorrows with my best friend Eric, Diana and our God-Three-in-One!
  • live in a nation that has weird and uncomfortable/challenging elections and then the next day go about our business of living together.
  • for the power of prayer
  • for All Saints Day and the reminder of our loved ones who have finished their course in faith and now rest from their labor.
  • for leftover Halloween candy
  • for my dog who sleeps at my feet
  • for hot tea in the morning
  • a working dishwasher
  • that as messy as my life is... it could be much, much worse.

No comments: