Friday, October 5, 2012

Homespun Goodness

Wholesomeness is a fresh baked, warm pumpkin pie with a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on the side.  Ah.  The hankering for such wholesomeness crept up on me yesterday... so this afternoon with the drippy rain of a Friday the baking shall commence!

Then the thought of that brought to mind knitting.  A visit to the local knit shop is on my list today to fetch some new stuff for a Christmas scarf that I want to make. Makes my toes tingle to consider a tummy full of pie with a pile of soft, fuzzy yarn in my lap.

Knitting made me think of writing which is how I ended up here on my blog.  I am currently working on my Giving Journal.  As that gets further along in thought I shall share it with you.  Very intriguing process to consider what motivates me to give, what I am passionate about, and what my values are around giving.  I am excited to see what I 'unearth' about myself in this journal writing and self-reflective process.  writing to me is a very good and wholesome experience.  Hmm...

And of course, writing brought to my mind, or at least lips, a cup of tea.  Sigh.  Now that is some homespun goodness right there!

Pie, knitting, writing and tea!  Too awesome!

What is on your list of homespun goodness?

No comments: