Thursday, April 5, 2012

This Walk is Dedicated

In less than a month my shoes will be laced early on a Saturday morning for the longest walk of my life... (longer than that crazy walk Eric and did in downtown Paris back in 2006).

My goal was to do something BIG, FAT and SCARY.  And yes, I have been terrified of the 'slow bus' all along.  It's swivel door opening to swallow me up because my pace was too slow.  As my training increases, I am beginning to sense that I might actually accomplish this wacky goal.  (Not sure if I will ever do it again)

Hey, I did 9.6 miles last weekend and lived.

I just may finish this thing and NOT be eaten by the slow bus.

We received news this week of the return of my mother-in-law's breast cancer for a third time.  Cancer has metastasized to her brain (large tumor in frontal lobe), collarbone and kidney areas.  I have decided to dedicate my mini-marathon walk in her honor.  She is doing something BIG, FAT and SCARIER than the rest of us by choosing yet another treatment plan.

By golly, the slow bus is the least of our worries.

Mom Knight, this walk is dedicated to you!






2 comments:

Mrs. Hammerle said...

I will run the Komen in her honor! Lots of prayers for all of you...

Mrs. Hammerle said...

I will run the Komen in her honor! Lots of prayers for all of you...