Monday, April 23, 2012

Since Easter...

...I've been busy!  As I am sure everyone else has too... my busyness looks like:
  • walking more and more miles.  Which takes longer and consumes more time!  The other day I walked so long and so far I ran out of things to pray and ponder! 
  • interviewing confirmation students!  One of the best highlights of our Confirmation program.  Andrew and I have the best fun listening to how God has been at work in the lives of 6th and 7th grade students!  WOW- has God been busy!  Total spiritual rush!
  • listening to great piano music as our daughter performed in her 2nd annual piano recital yesterday.  She just grows in confidence and poise.  Reminds me of my years as a music major in college when I was "forced" to attend so many recitals a year.  What a gift- to be required to sit and listen to great music performed well!  I miss those days...
  • checking on my mother who has a prolonged hospital stay last week.  She is home and on the mend... we hope! 
  • helping my daughter in and out of her dance recital costumes!  She performs this week at a local nursing home/assisted living community and then has her BIG recital the first Sunday of June.  So much glitter that it gets stuck on everything.  Love it!
  • organizing food and what not for my mother in law as she finishes her radiation treatments and begins her chemotherapy.
  • yard work is coming with the annual planting day and our mulch will be delivered soon.
  • making summer plans... for childcare, swim lessons, vacation, preaching schedule, etc. 
But you know... I really cannot complain about too many things!  I am blessed beyond measure.  My health and mind are good and this body of mine is getting in shape with each mile!  God is good!

No comments: