Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mini- training is not for Wimps

Never knew that walking... just walking, something I have been doing since 12 months of age, could be so gosh darn, difficult. 

In January I was worried about weather... temperature, ice on the roads, and how to best care for my lips.

Now in March I am worried about weather... temperative, heat on the steamy pavement, and how to best care for my sunburnt skin! 

My mini-marathon training is coming along... longest I have walked in succession is 7.2 miles.  I need to exceed that this weekend to keep myself within my training goals.  Whew- this is more grueling than I thought.  But water and good stretches are helping.

I must brag a moment on my husband though.  He is the best support anyone could ask for!  He cheers me on. Helps me stretch. And when he isn't quoting the Marine slogan ("Pain is just weakness leaving the body".) he is quoting scripture to me.  My husband quoting scripture!  Wow!  I want to do this thing just to make him proud! 

So, let's lace up, people!  Get our walk on!

No comments: