Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Search for the Dead

Just last week, I got a itch in my saddle to start the process of researching my ancestors.  Part of that I have decided is an indication of being in "mid-life" and the other part of that is about convenience.  I know now is a good time (while my mother and aunt rustle through my deceased grandmother's papers and belongings) to gather the information I am seeking.

For some time the thought has been nesting in the back of my mind to establish myself with DAR or Daughters of the American Revolution.  I know of two female relatives who were DAR's in their day.  And there is family research that establishes at least two other revoltutionary ancestors. 

I am woman on a scavenger hunt.  And already, I have encountered are ugly roadbocks to the information I need, or the nonexistence of the papers I am looking for, or the answers to my questions.   It seems that cousins of cousins don't like to share information or have the information to share.  Sigh.

This will take more than perseverance, I believe. 

But I shall not be detered. 

After all this is about family!  Dead family, but family nonetheless!

No comments: