Monday, July 11, 2011

JOSEPH's Amazing Gift to Calvary

Go, go go Joseph... has been lingering in my ear since yesterday afternoon's third and final perfomance of Rice & Webber's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat! Just cannot get that tune out of my head.

I must confess that I am a closet musical junkie. One weekend way back in college my fellow musical addicts and I collected as many musicals as we could find (back then on VHS tapes) and had a marathon weekend of song and dance. During one meal that weekend, I recall being dissappointed that the folks serving us dinner at the college cafeteria did not break out into singing and dancing on our tabletops... what's up with that?! Surely they would have if Rogers & Hammerstein or Rice & Webber had scripted my life.

What a treasure these past three summers Theatre for Christ has been to our young people, community and congregation! I am so proud of these students... who have dedicated a lot of time, effort and talent towards each of these productions. This year was no exception.

Maybe we could say that the church that sings & dances together... serves well together?! Not sure if the Apostle Paul would buy that but, I do know Pastor Todd and I are fiercely proud that over thirty young people spent their summer thinking, praying, working, dancing, singing, and acting their way through a good portion of the Book of Genesis.

What a gift to have a faith family saturated in the Biblical story. Sure made my job of preaching exciting and challenging this weekend!

So, go go go Joseph! Til next year!

No comments: