Saturday, February 12, 2011

Smooch the Pooch

My pooch lays around collecting dust and shedding fur. What good is he, really? His cold nose pokes me in the morning, his sad eyes reveal his mood along with the swish of his tail, and he loves to make sure I am always cleaning my kitchen floor because of his muddy and wet paws.

This evening my husband and I completed the ritual of nail clipping. Ugh. None of us like it. All three of us dread it. Fur, clippings, battles of will. Stubborn human meets stubborn canine. Grr. When it's all over and done, the dog gets a treat and we need a grown up drink!

We should get fish. They don't need their nails trimmed. Like ever?!

Don't tell my husband this, but in spite of all these peculiarities my heart is tugged by this pooch. I cannot help myself. Is this what it's like to be addicted to something that is 'bad' for you? I like my Duke dog. Nuisances and all. I miss him when I am away from him.

He is steady, warm, and likes being present to me... great attributes in any friend.

So, Happy Valentines' Day, pooch!

XXOOXX

No comments: