Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year Stuff

Our time spent away from home on vacation after the Christmas holy day was wonderfully email, blog and Facebook free! So, I am behind in all my electronic and paper correspondence.

Behind in house cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry and other stuff too... but my new year goals are in process, Confirmation class is ready to begin, and the new year is here ready or not!

But I did get two amazing (completely difference) books read on vacation. My hubby teased me about my content choices... yes, one is about mysticism in the Orthodox portion of Christianity (a little known area of expertise for me) and the other is about building schools in Pakistan among the varieties of Islam. Weird combo, I know, but excellent fodder for profound thought at the beach! (Ha ha! I used to bring trashy novels to the beach, but alas no more!)

The Mountain of Silence:A Search for Orthodox Spirituality by Kyriacos Markides

Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace....One School at a Time by David Relin and Greg Mortenson

I highly recommend both readings... but not for the faint at heart! :)

Now, time to get back to those new year's goals, especially since the boss will be handing out goal sheets in staff meeting this morning.

No comments: