Friday, October 2, 2009

The Hunt for October

October for many folks is all about autumn, football, marching band competitions, raking leaves, and preparing complex Halloween costumes. Not us. We have more.

Perhaps I mentioned this in the past, but our October is packed full of birthdays and anniversaries. I just spent way too much money on greeting cards today for the entire month! I'll need two books of stamps to go with them all.

My hunt this October is for the perfect wedding anniversary AND birthday gifts for my spouse. Have I ever told you that he is very particular? What to buy him is tough. He is the kind of man who loves to hunt for a bargain and get a great deal. So sometimes I think maybe he'd have more fun searching for his present than I have time or patience to do.

What challenges me is that he has already gotten me the best anniversary present ever. He has planned, arranged, reserved and done all the details (including childcare) for us to have a romantic getaway weekend. (Tough act to follow, I know.) But isn't that the sweetest thing ever?! Sigh. I've got a great guy. You would agree with me that I just don't deserve him.

Now, if only I can think up something spectacular as a gift! Undershirts at this juncture seem like a bad option, don't you think?

No comments: