Thursday, April 30, 2009

Failed, Flat Out Flunked, and Fired

For all of my two blog followers (Todd, the-dude-down-the-hall and Jamie, my BFF) I confess to you that I have failed, falt out flunked, and have been fired from gardening even before the soil has been turned, the seeds planted, and the first weed has been pulled.

Three pathetic cherry tomato plants limp themselves along my back deck. Over watered or under watered, over fertilized or under fertilized- I do not know which only that these little specimens of vegetation are barely hanging on to life. They look awful.

Surprise of surprises, but the two hot peppers plants that my preschooler has been yelling at for the past 32 days- are thriving! Healthy green leaves, vibrant stems and stalks.

Maybe we should have been yelling at the tomatoes too... sigh. Perhaps I need to stick with what I am good at... like theology and not biology.

No comments: