Monday, April 13, 2009

Confirmation week

Now that Easter is behind us- my attention turns to the final stages of preparation for the Rite of Confirmation. We have 21 students who have been preparing for their confession of faith. They will do so (if all goes well) this coming Sunday at our 11am service.

Andrew and I have about 12 more interviews to go through, a keepsake brochure to create, thank you notes to write, bulletins and certificates to prepare etc. Please pray for warm weather on Saturday because we are baptizing 5 students in the Whitelick Creek behind our church property. (If it isn't warm- can anyone loan me a wet suit??)

As these students confirm their faith- I must confess that I am re-inspired, re-dedicated, re-newed, and re-juvenated in my own faith! Hearing how their understanding of G*d has grown, how they find worship more interesting now (that they know how to pay attention to what is happening), how they find the connection between serving others and loving G*d, etc- is so invigorating!

Thanks be to God for all these students, their mentors, and their families!

No comments: