Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Writing the Annual Christmas Letter

I made a vow to start this blessed letter early... so for the past two weeks I have been in the draft mode of our annual Christmas letter. My husband likes to remind me that NO ONE reads it anyway. My daughter doesn't know the letter exists (although she is working on her epistle to Santa as we speak).

Sigh. The problem this year is that we have been too boring for even a pumped up, friendly Christmas letter. No fabulous vacations, or prizes. No drama, or disasters. All we have done this year is pay off debt and get excited about that. Who wants to hear about that as a yultide treat?!

Maybe this year I will actually lie. Fabricate the truth a bit. Create a Sim-life like those folks who play computer games as their reality world.

Problem is, I am not very good at lying.

No comments: