Friday, November 7, 2008

Meaning of Lost, Found

At our house lives a girlie girl who is very concerned about lip gloss, dress up, fanciness, and anything princess- so imagine with me the emotional turmoil at the grocery checkout line two weeks ago. There with the contents of our cart pilled onto the conveyer belt we discovered that her purse was missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tears the size of Lake Michigan fell upon her cheeks! Loud shrieks of"Where is it?" "What happened?" "I want my PURSE!" could be heard in aisle 47 (at the back of the store). And this following discussion could be heard by all checkout lanes...

"Momma, where is my purse?

"I don't know sweetie. It must be lost."

"But, Momma, I want my purse. Where is it?"

"Honey, that is what lost means- we don't know where it is."

After paying for our things we stopped by the Customer Service to leave information about the missing purse (cost originally $3, half used package of tissues $.89, and tube of very used lip gloss, $.98, but meaning and significance priceless!) along with of course, our phone number.

The ride home and next two days were filled with mourning and gloom. But brightness dawned when a message on our answering machine announced that the purse had indeed been lost and now was found!

We loaded up the car and rushed to the store! A huge smile appeared on my daughter's face as the staff handed her the M.I.A purse! Whew- life could continue again because this was the favorite of all the dress up purses (and we have a dozen)!

Sigh. Nice to know that customer service and common courtsey still exist!

Thanks, Wal-Mart!

No comments: