Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey-O-Rama

I am going to do it! I am acuutally going to host the full meal deal of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (minus oyster dressing and cranberries) tomorrow afternoon. (You cannot see it but, I actually just did a nervous twitch.)

My husband (awesome man that he is) has agreed to clean the house. The dog has agreed not to vomit up rocks while the guests are here. Our daughter is going to make placecards for everyone. She will probably during the time of preparing the turkey decide to play with her playdough in the kitchen. That could be a potential food disaster.

I think I will need to purchase a new potato peeler... I cannot seem to find one among all the gadgets in my kitchen. The lost nature of the peeler reveals the sad fact of how often I make real mashed potatoes in our house!

Pies are to be made tonight. House cleaned today. And then a marathon of cooking and preparation tomorrow.

Let's just hope that the turkey is thawing on schedule...18 pounds of turkey flesh have taken over my refridgerator. Whew! I will nap on Friday. If not, you'll all hear about it!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: