Friday, October 10, 2008

Holy Ground Moments

Moses was told to take off his sandals when he encountered God in the wilderness. It was holy ground. This past week I too have had my share of holy moments with God... here are a few...

  • Sunday night I finished reading The Shack (in a record 6 hours) and used only 1/2 box of Kleenex. Great reflections on forgiveness and reconciliation! Thanks Todd, for the book loan.
  • Spent yesterday with my dear Sophia Sisters (women who completed Spiritual Direction Internship program at Our Lady of Grace Monastery in Beech Grove, Indiana with me in 2002). I was heard deeply (thank you ladies) and had the joy and privilege of hearing deeply these amazing women share their holy ground moments.
  • Watching our princess ride her trike around the large circle of our neighborhood this week...when she thought she couldn't do it!
  • Pure pleasure and happiness of our pup who received a brand new bone last night (maybe he'll leave the rocks, pillows, and dollar bills alone now)
  • Realizing after our family budget meeting last night that no matter what happens on Wall Street, how our pensions loose money, who gets voted into office, OR what happens with the bailout plan- my financial peace comes from Christ who strengthens me, and we will be well within God's gracious abundance.

What is your holy ground this week?

No comments: