Friday, September 20, 2019

Amazonian Woman

I am an Amazonian Woman!

Truthfully, this can be said about me not because I hail from the Amazon rain forest of our southern hemisphere (born in Indiana) and not just because I dressed as Wonder Woman last Halloween for our Trick-r-Treaters (can send pics later); but because I now work for Amazon.

Considered one of the big four companies in technology, this Seattle Washington based company has one of their many fulfillment centers about 13 minutes from my new home in central Indiana.

New again to our community, my husband and I considered getting gym memberships.  One of our goals with this life season was to get healthy, lose some weight, and just get our bodies moving.  So when the appeal for seasonal workers to 'pick' merchandise and prepare it for shipment came- it was too easy.

Get paid to walk miles for hours and put in lots of squats?!  SOLD!

Working out for my wine money, sister.  Win. Win. Win.

I could not write the irony and jokes any better that as a pastor-spiritual director-writer I work in a fulfillment center as a "picker".  LOL.  In other words I am a personal shopper for thousands of people, helping them find fulfillment in the product they purchased.  Interesting on so many levels, isn't it?!

And no, I know what you're gonna ask.  I do not dress in sexy, beautiful brass and gold breast plates like the above ladies for my 'workout' shifts.  If we're honest here, and I want to be; ...my look resembles this...

Sweaty, ponytail, and no make up!

Yep- this is how I am conquering the world- one pick at a time.  Wine will not drink itself.

But, hey, we all gotta find satisfaction somehow.  Right?!

Where or how do you find fulfillment?

No comments: