Monday, December 3, 2012

When not blogging...

  1. On Mondays I am at the mercy of a 2nd grade teacher who has endless interruptions, questions, sniffling children at her side.  Each requiring zillions of photocopied pages and papers (collated and stapled, thank you very much.)  And then the students need things laminated for the classroom.  Papers graded. Math evaluated.  Special projects hung on bulletin boards for all to admire.  Papers filed and questions answered.  And so on and so forth.  Some Mondays I am there for 2 hours and other Mondays (when teaching is tougher I am there for 3 hours).  After I finish at school, I drive around Avon doing 'errands'.  Then I clean house, finish laundry and attempt to organize my household for the week...only to dash back to the school by 3:30pm in order to get the child to her piano lesson.  sigh.  Monday nights usually end with a grumpy me.
  2. On Tuesdays after a busy day of ministry at church... I come home to be Mom, homework helper, cook, and Chauffeur.  My husband has graduate class on Tuesday nights so it is a girl's night with lots of homework and then dance class.
  3. On Wednesday we have a staff meeting to organize, prepare, vent, laugh, evaluate, complain, and try to get our stuff together.  After the meeting it seems there is always EVEN MORE to accomplish.  Why is that?, I wonder.
  4. On Thursdays I just might get caught up on ministy things leftover from Tuesday and Wednesday, but usually what happens is this...I get interupted.  Now, before you wax poetic to me about how "interuptions are ministry" I know that.  But still I get interupted in the middle of the interuptions!  ACK!  And that is why I rarely blog on Thursdays.
  5. On Fridays I figure why bother trying to accomplish anything because I'll just get interupted again anyway.  At least I have a more relaxed attitude on Fridays... which may mean that I'll sneak in a blog or two every fourth month or when there is a full moon in December.
  6. On Saturdays it is useless to blog so I do not even open the computer.  Too many household projects, piano practicing, grocery stores to shop at etc.
  7. On Sunday when my heart is full from worship would be a terrific time to blog.  But I don't.  Instead, we cram more family activities or a weekly playdate or a football game.  Mostly it is filled with boring things like laundry and my husband's homework for school.  Now on Sundays I run over to the facility where my father is so that I can see him and grab his laundry to wash.  Sigh... no room for blogging on Sundays.

And that is why and how I come to have so few blogs this year... I like sleep more than I like to write.  Hate me for it or tease me about it, but you'll find I am much more pleasant to be around if I have had sleep than if I have been staying up all night writing blogs!  :)

No comments: