Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Post about Pickles the Caterpillar

An update on Pickles is worthy of a post on my blog because on the day of Diana's birthday party we released Pickles into the wood's at Calvary UMC.  Be free, little friend!

We did that because he belongs in nature and my husband did not want him eating our leaves.  Mostly we did that because I was the only one cleaning out his poop in the pickles jar.

Do you have any idea how much caterpillar's poop?  A tremendous amount for such a little creature!  Geez, I could not keep up!  I do wonder if I gave him an upset tummy with all that baby spinach.  Hmm...

Not to worry though, we have ordered a set of Painted Ladies butterfly cocoons.  They are due to arrive any time.  Hopefully, being in a cocoon will mean- no pooper scooper duty for this mom!  We'll let you know more ...soon!

No comments: