Thursday, October 13, 2011

October Birthdays

Maybe your family is like my husband's family. You have a whole bunch of birthdays clumped together in one month. We counted recently that there are over eight birthdays within Eric's family. This does not count our wedding anniversary.
All of these special events caused me to stop by the greeting card store. I inqured if they offered a bulk rate in birthday cards. No such luck.
Our daughter too was set to be born in this month until she had other plans and arrived six weeks early. I thank her every year that she saved us from ANOTHER birthday in October.
What all this really means is that the parents of all these birthday people were very busy in February. And what special day is in February? Yes, that is right, Valentine's Day. Or at least it was winter and folks needed to do something to keep warm.
My family is the opposite. Our large birthday month is May... which means folks were busy in September. And I have no idea what that means.
Anyway- to everyone in the family : John, Jim, Jane, Brittney, Greg, Lee Ellen, Eric, and Aubrey- happy birthday month. You've bankrupted me in cards! So there will be nothing coming in the mail...

No comments: