Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Musings

Rainy afternoon are designed for long novels, hot tea and blankets... not desk top computers, deadlines and interupptions. So, here I am trying to get the busyness and business of churchn minstry accomplished when my inner self is crying out for candles and fuzzy covers.

I have found day to day living a bit awkward having finished all the work of care-giving and the final details of funerals and follow up thank youn otes. The question unasked in my mind is, "so what's next?" How does a person go on living after a death, a life-change, the passing of the torch from one generation to another?

You just do.

Seems to be the only thing I have come up with in the past two weeks... You just put your socks on one at a time like you did the day before. You plan things. You hope for things. You cry when you the need arises within you.

The Enterprise on Star Trek movies/TV series smoothly transitions from warp speed to impulse power. Not so smooth is the transition from emotionally charged care giving and death to the new routine of live and living.

While it may be bumpy... I have discovered no one does this journey completely alone.

No comments: