Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oh Where Has Michelle Gone?

Over half of the eighth month of 2011 has past before another blog is written. Where have I been?
Sick. After 2 and a half weeks of ill child and husband, I too caught the nasty bug. You've been to the pharmacy way too often when the pharmacist asks, "So, who's got it now?" Mothers all can attest to the fact that when mom is sick she still has much to do... no laying around the house for days and days to recover. We get one good day of rest, if we're lucky. Well, I got two days... then it was up and going because vacation was right around the corner.
Family. After my sick week... we hosted my father and uncle (dad's brother) for a cook out and then drove up on Sunday to see my mom and step dad at their new church. We worshipped with her congregation (who provide 40% of the tomatoes for Red Gold ketchup etc.)
Vacation. Our belated vacation was held in high expectation because it was late and much needed.... but then when the time came to go, it was well...awkward. Word from our extended family was that our cousin Rodney was at the end of his life (eighteen month condition of ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease).
With trepidation we left for Holiday World...our daughter wanted to spend most of her time in the water park and we did. Never have I enjoyed a lazy river raft so much... our scalps got sunburned and our feet got sore, but we had a great time. My favorite memory was watching my daughter attack the waves in the Bahari Wave Pool and screaming, "Waves ahoy!"
On the second day at the amusement park, my husband discovered that roller coasters no longer agree with him. Thus, we finished our stay in the water park... floating, swimming, attacking waves and getting lots of summer sun!
Our trip home took the long route so that we could shop at the IKEA store in Ohio. And then we made it home... to do laundry and pack again for auntie's lake house where we spent the next two days on a nonfunctional boat.
I do need a vacation to recover from our vacation!

No comments: