Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Days of School

We've made it through the first five days of school. I am not sure who was more nervous; my first grader, her dad or me?! Never mind my boo hoo tears as she drove off on her bus or the mistiness in my eyes when touring her classroom for the first time.

Wow- we've made it to the big time.

Thus far she tells me how everyone else does with their behavior and what she ate for lunch. We've had one night of homework that was finished and initiated by her! (Hope that study skill lasts into college.)

I enjoy school and learning...maybe it's an addiction to new pencils, notebooks, and pens, but the fall start to the school year a lot of fresh hope and excitement to me. The possibilities are endless.

Gotta go, her bus is about to arrive!

No comments: