Saturday, March 5, 2011

Living in Sickville

Where have I been all week? After recovering from a fantastic confirmation retreat (one of the female mentors prevented the girls from doing some sort of ketchup-based prank), I've been a stay-at-home mother all week. My kiddo faced her third illness (ear infection, strep throat and strep throat 2.0) in thirty days. Egads- this has been a messy month!

I love being a mom. I love being a pastor. I enjoy the challenge of being a working mother, but when the kiddo is sick, the husband has continuing education classes (me too), I have three evening events in one week, and the husband also has consulting work to finish- the effort needed to balance everything becomes too much.

I broke down on Friday- and had a giggle fit that the family did not find as funny as I did. But I felt better. Or maybe it was the Z-pack that had me feeling better! (I have a sinus infection too!)

Whatever- here's to a healthier week next week.

No comments: