Thursday, March 31, 2011

Confused and Doubtful

Another look at our confirmation faith statements the other day has me even more convinced that the work I do it not about me at all. Someone else is in charge. The students I have been worried about I need not have been worried. The faith statements are a fabulous reflection on how the students have taken what they've learned and applied into their own lives.

These young people again have reminded me that the Spirit of God does the work in and around (and often in spite of) the rest of us. And I needed a reminder of that.

Regarding our supposed 'atheist' in class... well after more conversations with her parents, her mentor and prayer- she is not at all interested in being an atheist. No, rather she simply has doubts and questions that for one reason or another she has not articulated to any of us adults who would be glad to listen. I am deeply saddened that we had not had this candid of a conversation earlier.

Keep her in prayer and all like her who struggle with doubts and questions regarding their belief or unbelief in God. It is more obvious to me know that she is in the grip of grace (yet does not realize it or know how to recognize it).

No comments: