Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Random...

Severe weather this morning interupted everyone's normal October Tuesday morning. And the interuption reminded me what a odd little collection of insights and musings I have collected these past ten days. Here are a few:


  • learned from a 4 year old that "sometimes frogs pee on your hands" during a Children's sermon I attempted to give.
  • received roses, best love letter (ever!) and a dinner date from my spouse for our 10th anniversary.
  • helped my daughter with her glitter'd surprise birthday card for Daddy ...without attaching glitter to the kitchen counter tops!
  • listened to the Senate debate last night on television and is even more puzzled over how I will vote next Tuesday.
  • was blessed by a terrific God-conversation with my sister in law who stated with tears and joy in her voice, "I am so falling in love with God all over again!" aw- isn't that the best?!
  • babies in the Noland family like to arrive during severe weather. Welcome to the world, Aubrey! (today is your birthday!)
  • no, I am not going to develop a six-pack like Todd's before my 40th birthday next spring and wear a red string bikini and put photos on Facebook. The thought is tempting...but, gosh that is a LOT of work.
  • read a terrific memoir about a Catholic family living in an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood...what a hoot!
  • was blessed with a nap during the NFL games on Sunday afternoon after preaching a sermon that wore me out more than I thought it would.

Wonder what will be in my world these next few days?!

No comments: