Sunday, October 10, 2010

God and Fantasy Football

With Sunday Night Football on the tube and my hubby screaming about his Fantasy Football league "my mind hatched an idea!" ( a phrase my daughter uses all the time.)

Wonder what God's Fantasy Football team would look like?

I know mine... it would include all my favs from the Pittsburgh Steelers like Lynn Swan, Terry Bradshaw, Mike Webster, Rocky Blair, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, LC Greenwood, Jack Lambert, Mel Blanc, Jack Ham, and who could forget... Mean Joe Greene.

Gosh- all this nostalgia has inspired me to dig through the boxes in the attic for all my NFL trading cards. Probably some money in those now. ha ha!

Here is my best guess of the Lord's 'fantasy team'...
  • Quarterback- Peyton Manning or Jesus
  • Wide Receivers- Jerry Rice and Lynn Swann or Isaiah and Jeremiah
  • Tight End- John Mackey or Moses
  • Running Backs- Emmitt Smith and Franco Harris or Apostle Paul and Apostle Peter
  • Kicker- Morton Anderson or the Holy Spirit
  • Defense- Steel Curtain (Steelers) or the Original Disciples
Whew- that would be one unstoppable team!

No comments: