Friday, September 17, 2010

Retreating, We Go!

After fifteen years or so of retreat leadership, you'd think I wouldn't get nervous anymore? Ha! Still do and still am as I prepare to leave this afternoon for a wonderful retreat center in Tipton, Indiana.

Maybe the nerves are more of the adreline rush of preparation and excitement. Or maybe the butterflies in my stomach are just nerves because there is much to oversee and help facilitate especially with a larger group like thirty seven women, with a third of them as new participants.

In either case now it the time to launch this experience! Trusting that the Spirit has been with us in preparations, will meet us as we go, and will aid us in our worship and understanding of our lives yoked with God. I am confident in all of the leaders, musicians, presenters, small group table leaders, dancers, and dramatists. That confidence makes all the other jobs of leading easier and more joyful!

Now, I gotta go fill my husband's SUV with stuff! See you after Sunday!

No comments: