Thursday, September 2, 2010

Difference a Year Makes


A year ago the lady on the left in the floral dress was diagnosed with a re-occurrence of her breast cancer. The situation of her health was grave and we were not sure what days or weeks would bring. God's healing touch, her tenacity for life, and several innovative doctors later- we are at a different place this year.

One of the inner promises I made to myself a year ago was to take time, create space, and opportunity for memory-making. I wanted to do something that would be special and include several generations of my daughter's extended family. The photo above is now evidence of a very special Knight ladies luncheon and tea at the LS Ayers Tea Room at the Indiana State Museum in Indianapolis.

The Knight ladies had tea with hats, gloves, and all the frills of girlie-girls! Heads snapped our way. Smiles and nods touched us.

My gratitude looms larger than the brim of my hat that we had the opportunity to make this memory... what a hard learned lesson to make every moment count!

No comments: