Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Retreat aftermath...

Usually when the working mom comes back from a weekend away where she has worked 14 hour days and been too busy to get her eyeliner on straight, she knows what waits her at home.

Stuff like the following usually happens: there are piles of laundry, dirty dishes lined up along the sink, unfed & unbathed kid and pet, pizza and cereal boxes stacked on the full trash can along with dirt and grime in bathrooms and along floors throughout the house.

Not so for me this year. Nope.

The kitchen sparkled and glistened. The house hummed with the noise of a busy washing machine and dishwasher. The child and pet were clean and fed (nothing but hot dogs, but they were fed). The beds were made with clean freshly smelling linens!

I thought I was in the wrong house, but then my husband (aka the Prince and Mr. Mom) walked into a greet me with a big hug and kiss!

"Wow", I said, "Thank you. This is marvelous! Why has this never happend before when I've left for a weekend retreat?"

As he swooped me into his arms and tucked me into my bed (for I was tired, very tired) he said, "Because I've never been home before while you were gone."

Sweet dreams! :)

(Best homecoming ever!)

No comments: