Wednesday, August 11, 2010

In Case the Bishop Wants to Know...

In case the Bishop wants to know ... what I've been reading for continuing education, this blog will answer all of his questions or perhaps raise more.

Our local library finishes their Summer Reading program this week and I just posted my final log entry. Over 2047 pages of book were read by me this summer. Felt a bit like seminary for a while there. This does not include the 192 books my daughter and I have enjoyed the past few weeks for her part of the summer reading program.

Some reading was better than others. One author and I held an argument. From another I learned how people in Africa are praying for their healing and my hope. And from one fictional author I learned all about forsenic science and murder - (how that applies to local church ministry, we'll have to see...)!

Here is my list:

  • Detox for the Overly Religious by David Putman
  • If the Church Were Christian: Rediscovering the Values of Jesus by Phillip Gulley
  • A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
  • Pslams for Today by Beth LaNeel Tanner
  • Like Breath and Water by Ciona Rouse
  • Inner Healing for Broken Vessels by Linda Hollies
  • Do What You Have the Power to Do by Helen Pearson
  • Winding Path by Eve Hogan
  • Death Du Jour by Kathy Reichs
  • Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs

Wonder what my reading this fall will be like? Or if, I'll have time to read!

No comments: