Tuesday, August 10, 2010

End of Summer Blahs

What do you do when you have the blahs?

Inquistive people may try to search out the source of their 'blah-ness'. Free-loving types may consider their blah-ness an invitation to relax and take-it-easy. Others of us (those alpha, leader, go-getter types) may simply not know what to do with blah-ness and seek a diagnosis and remedy. My blah-ness is leading me in a different direction.

The petunias along my back deck are looking tired and blah. Even though their purple and pink color remains brilliant and bright their foilage and plant stems seem to mirror what it is that I am experiencing. Fatigue from the heat and humidity of summer. Slowness in growth because they've already grown so much they're reached their current potential. (Not that I am finished growing, but I may have maxed out of my current self-growth cycle.)

Lately, I have felt nudged to be still. This call I have to be quiet within may be the best response to life around and within me. The best response to my blah-ness...

Shh...let's be quiet together and celebrate how God's grown in us and God's love has grown through us this past/current season. Maybe while we're quiet; we can be cool too!

No comments: