Saturday, June 19, 2010

the Vacation Bible School week...

Whew- we've been on a cosmic adventure this week exploring all things spacey with our young cadets. I had little time to stop and write a blog (mostly I was too tired when I got home and needed my grown up sized nap!)

Despite three thunderstorms- we were never rained on during VBS this week. All children were accounted for and seemed to have a terrific, fun experience!

I told and re-told the stories of Creation, Elijah on Mount Horeb (or Sinai), Samaritan woman at the well, the blind beggar man Jesus healed, and the two disciples on the road to Emmaus on Easter evening- four times each this week! Along with my wonderfully talented youth helper- Rebecca (see the Samaritan woman).

We were amazed at the children's attention to the stories, interest in our silly dancing song- Bim Bom, and enjoyed their wonderfully hard hugs!

As I posted on Facebook yesterday- I may be tired, but would somebody, please, ask me again to be storyteller next year! I was so inspired by the growing faith of these 200 young people and all of the terrific youth, college age, young adult and adult helpers!

YOU made it wonderful to tell and re-tell our sacred stories together!

No comments: