Sunday, June 20, 2010

To all the Fathers...

Special thanks to all the fathers in our world: your love, care, protection, hard work are appreciated beyond measure! We need terrific men like you- thanks!

I am grateful for my Dad, step Dad, and father-in-love, Ed! Plus, my grandfathers (living and deceased) and my uncles (who are a hoot) have filled my life tremendously!

I have been blessed with all sorts of wonderful men who mentored, taught, and nurtured me from grade school, church, music lessons, band, college, and seminary! And my male colleague and friends continue to impress upon me the gift masculinity (in all it's various forms and shapes) is to our world. Thanks guys, for being you!

But the "Best Dad Award" goes to the daddy of my little girl- he is the best! And we cannot wait to celebrate with him when he gets home. This will be (God-willing) our last Father's Day apart from one another. Woo hoo!

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: