Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New - Turkey Olympic Event

Saturday my little family shopped for our turkey. Kid was in the race car shopping cart with Daddy driving her too fast down the aisles. My husband when he spied the HUGE freezer full of turkeys- fell in love.

It was as if soft music played, he ran to the turkey, embraced her, cradled her like Baby Diana, and then with tears in his eyes, "Honey, this is the one! It is as if God saved this turkey for us!"

Mind you, ten minutes before I was on the butterball.com website trying to determine portions sizes to feed our gathering. (Since we purchased the bird three more people are coming!) I knew we needed between 18-20 pound turkey.

My husband's new frozen hunk of love weighs a whopping 23 pounds.

Ever try to U-Scan a frozen turkey at the grocery check out?

Our youth group did turkey bowling last year... this is more difficult.

I recommend that U-scanning a frozen 23 pound turkey be an Winter Olympic event. It is hard to do! (Especially when your husband is drooling on the blessed bird!)

No comments: